Friday, May 4, 2012

Wire wrapped filigree bracelet with multicolored Swarovski crystal hearts

This silver wire wrapped bracelet is an oldie, but goodie. It's one of the first things I made when I was putting together my Etsy store.
To make it, I crafted several squares with my favorite filigree design. As you know, I often use it in my jewelry pieces as a base and it's because that looped design is so versatile. In this case, the linked squares look almost like a mesh piece. It kind of feels like that, too, as the bracelet is soft and springy. I dressed up the design by weaving Swarovski crystal bicones through the filigree. I then attached a Swarovski crystal heart to each link. Looking back, it's probably a bit much, but it's definitely a fun bracelet. I could see a teenage girl liking this. Right now, it's big enough to just slip over your wrist, but I'm thinking of removing a link and added a clasp. It's fun to look back and see how far I've come with techniques. But I'm always going to have a fond place in my heart for my early experiments. To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To read about my travel adventures, head to Naomi The Traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment