Sunday, May 13, 2012

Silver wire wrapped rings Native American style with turquoise and red Swarovski crystals

Though I've traveled around the world, one of my favorite places to visit is the Southwestern United States. I've taken several road trips through that area over the years and just love the wide, open spaces and natural beauty. It's about as different from New York City as you can get! I also love the Native American jewelry with its bold shapes and bright red and turquoise stones. In honor of this jewelry, I've designed two modern rings which refect that traditional Native American design. I didn't model these geometric rings after any particular Native American symbol or designs or a certain tribe, but more on my impressions of visiting that area. For instance, the bold geometric shapes were inspired by the shapes used in sand paintings. The combination of silver, red and turquoise was inspired by the color combination which is used in much Native American jewelry. The ring itself is made of 18 gauge silver plated wire, which I wire wrapped with turquoise beads and garnet red Swarovski crystals. I love the way the colors look together, which is part of the reason why I was drawn to Native American jewelry in the first place.
To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To read about my travel adventures, head to Naomi The Traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment