Friday, May 25, 2012

Silver Wire Wrapped Necklace With Blue Crystals

This silver wire wrapped necklace with blue crystals is one of my older designs. I made it when I was first learning to make wire wrapped jewelry patterns and used 20 gauge wire for the project.

I like certain parts of it -- like the different color blues that I used for the crystals. I also like the general concept of the piece and that the wire wrapped design is in a "frame." But I'm trying to think of a way to create this idea and make it a bit more structurally sound.

I think what I need to do is use a thicker wire -- maybe 16 gauge -- and then attach the crystals separately. I initially used the 20 gauge because it's thin enough to string the crystals right onto the wire. However, I feel like the piece is kind of flimsy. While I'm all for delicate jewelry, I don't want to make jewelry that falls apart, either!

This is what I'm talking about when I say that I have a lot of unfinished projects. I'm always tweaking and improving my creations so that I can put the best jewelry out there. I don't believe that you can every get too good at something. Perfection is overrated, anyway!

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment