Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wire Wrapped Spiral Bangle Bubble Bracelet In Silver And Copper


In my last entry, I wrote about the earring fan who requested that I make variations on some of my designs. She also asked if I could make her this mixed metal wire wrapped bracelet in silver and copper:

I created a similar bracelet in silver and red last holiday season. I was working at a 2012 Christmas fair and things weren't going so well, so I filled my time by making new jewelry. Since it was the holiday season, I put together a bracelet with appropriate colors. It's kind of cool then that this woman had me create a variation on this bracelet during this year's holidays. I like how the silver and copper look together, too. I originally made this as a bangle, but she asked if I could clip it and add an adjustable chain since she has a small wrist. I cut it about midway (right after the spiral sequence) and attached the chain there. Hopefully she'll find it comfortable to wear.

Since this is my 300th (!!!!!) blog entry and it's January 1st, it's a great time to list some of my jewelry goals for 2014. This also happens to be the year I turn 40 (it's about a month from now, yikes), so I'm coming up with a list of 40 Things To Do At 40. They range from wanting to go scuba diving to wanting to become a better cook, but my jewelry is a big part of this, too. I'd like to: 1) Finally put together my how-to book with jewelry projects. I talked about doing this last year and never found the time to do it. 2) Learn a new jewelry making skill. So far, I've learned how to do wire work, basic soldering and various types of enameling. Maybe this will be the year to try some goldsmithing. 3) Sell my pieces to a store or gallery. I tried to do this last year and never succeeded. I'm hoping that my higher-end pieces will garner some more attention.

Of course, I'd like to continue to build my business -- and to keep doing what I love! So check out my pieces at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment