Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rainbow splattered enamel pendant necklace


After missing three classes due to snow, I FINALLY made it back to enameling yesterday! Hooray! The usual crowd was there, plus a few newcomers. It's always nice to see people get into enameling for the first time. Not everyone falls in love with the craft like I did, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves yesterday.

I was so eager to get to make something that I ended up working almost non-stop for three hours -- and I completed a record four pendants! For two, I made this funky rainbow splatter design.

I think it looks a bit like a Jackson Pollock painting. My husband says that it looks like a mosaic. I guess you can just use your imagination...

When I made these pendants, I initially planned to cover them with a layer of black enamel and then carve out a design so that you could see the rainbow colors beneath the black. After I made these, though, everyone in class loved how they look as is so I just let them be. I considered turning them into earrings, but ultimately decided to make them into necklaces. Most of my enamel pieces are one of a kind, so it's rare that I can sell multiples of a design.

It felt so good to get back to enameling. I really missed it. Hopefully it won't snow on class day for the rest of this semester!

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment