Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wire wrapped spiral bracelet in peach and blue


As I prepare for next weekend's craft fair and my in-person debut of MayaGirl Creations, I'm making more and more colorful jewelry. Yesterday, I made yet another wire wrapped spiral bracelet, this time in peach and light blue:

Feeling nostalgic over a color combination might not be the norm, but these colors, peach and blue, make me think of my childhood. Growing up, I had a beautiful peach and blue room that my dad decorated for me. He, too, is an artist, and is really talented at photography and handywork/woodwork. He built a gorgeous table for their dining room that's made of tiles and even worked with stained glass for a while, until he hurt his hand. He also designed my childhood room for me.

When I was a kid and my parents told me that I was getting a "grown-up" room, what I wanted more than anything was a canopy bed. We found a beautiful canopy set with a light blue lace canopy and matching bedding and curtains. We then found this wallpaper that I loved which had a Victorian fairy design. In each square is a drawing of a different fairy girl and the base colors are earth tones: browns, tans, deep greens.

Anyway, my dad had to find a way to bring those two concepts together -- the fairy girl wallpaper and blue canopy, so he went with a light blue and peach motif. The carpet was peach and I had a wicker chair that he painted in the two colors. He then built me a bookshelf that had peach shelves and a blue desk. The walls that weren't papered were peach with blue trim. Blue and peach aren't colors I'd instinctively put together, but his room design came out so well. I seriously felt like a princess in my room! I even had a college friend take photos of it because she liked it so much.

My childhood room is still intact, though these days, my folks mainly use it as a guest room or a place to store things. Still, I'll always love that room and the fact that my dad designed it for me. This blue and peach bracelet represents those colors and makes me feel like I'm sharing a tiny piece of my life with whomever wears it.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewellery, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment