Sunday, September 23, 2012

Silver wire wrapped abstract earrings


In an effort to be frugal, I've been using every little scrap of wire that I have on hand. I had some leftover 16 gauge fine silver wire and there was just enough to make two pairs of earrings. This is what I came up with:

I know what you're thinking -- that they look exactly the same, right? Well, not exactly. There are definite similarities: both pairs of earrings are abstract and have a geometric design with triangles and spirals. Both are long, dangle earrings. But there are some subtle differences. In one, the spiral within the triangle is tighter and lot more defined. In one, I added a circle toward the top of the earring. And one pair is about a half inch longer than the other. So yes, they do look somewhat alike, but some people prefer longer statement earrings.

Anyway, I was just playing around with shapes and leftover wire and like how these came out. They're funky-looking and fun! I've been working on my kids' line all week, so I've been up to my ears in stars and hearts and daisies, etc. and needed a little change of pace :-)

I just got some 14 gauge silver wire so I'm going to play around with that and see what else I can some up with!

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment