Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beautiful wire wrapped jewelry designs for fall


I've written many times on this blog about how much I love the fall. Autumn is my favorite season for many reasons: I love the cool, crisp air, which is a welcome change after enduring a hot summer. I love the colors of the falling leaves. I love the holidays! Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday -- I think I love it even more than my birthday -- and I look forward to this day all year.

It's not too surprising then that I'm a big fan of autumn colors: oranges, rusts, reds, yellows, golds. They're very warm, happy colors -- and if you think about it, this makes sense because they're all sun or fire colors. So there's a lot of energy behind yellow or orange, especially when you combine them.

I have this gorgeous rust-colored wire, so I combined it with a lighter, almost peach colored wire. I really like the result! By itself, the darker orange looks almost coppery because it's so bright, but the peach tones it down. Meanwhile, the peach looks pinkish on its own, but the orange brings out the richer highlights. They just work very, very well together. I ended up making two bracelets using this color combo. I also made a pair of rust orange heart earrings with yellow crystals:

I still have some wire left in those colors, so I'm going to play around and see what else I can come up with. Meanwhile, only three more days until my craft fair and I'm in good shape for it. Woo hoo!

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment