Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wire wrapped bangle bracelet mixed metal silver and brass

If this wire wrapped bracelet looks familiar, it is. I've made variations on it before. Only I've since sold them all and over a year has past since I first created this design. I've gotten much more practice with wire wrapping and have much more knowledge of making jewellery.

This is why I decided to redo the design and make it a bit more streamlined and secure. My old bangle bracelet had five silver wire wraps on it, which made it look uneven and off-center. I took a wrap out in the new design, making it nice and symmetrical. I also didn't like the older clasp, which consisted on two double hooks that kind of locked into each other. The wires were all out of sync and the hooks didn't close in tightly, so I made a new design with one hook that locks into a closed loop.

Finally, I made the wraps much tighter, holding the wires in a bit better. And then I took some better photos! I was never unhappy with my old bracelet; it looked nice and my customers seemed to be happy with it. But I'm always trying to improve my methods and my work. These were a few small changes, but I think it gives the design a little upgrade.

My old bracelet:

My new bracelet:

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewellery, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment