Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Funky abstract gold wire necklaces and earrings

As part of my plan to get my jewellery into stores, I'm creating various lines of products. One of my collections is my abstract gold jewelry line.

All of these pendants and earrings are made of 14 gauge 12 K gold wire. It doesn't look much like wire, right? It looks more like metal because it's so thick. But is indeed square, full-hard wire, which I bent into various funky geometric shapes and then hammered for texture. I made shapes that I feel that I can replicate should a store want to purchase these designs in bulk.

Some people probably would've torched the wire so that it could be annealed and made softer, but I've found that in doing that, you can sometimes make the wire too soft. I wanted the texture to be a bit rough and raw, so I kept it as is; it was a bit of a challenge to bend it, but it was possible.

I've made several of these pendants before and what's interesting is that most of the buyers have been European. I'm not sure why that is; I guess people in the United States have different taste when it comes to wearing jewelry.

I'm still thinking of a name for this particular collection. As I've been watching the Olympics, "Go For The Gold" is coming to mind, either that or "Gold Stars." What do you think? Here are my latest gold wire wrapped designs:

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment