Friday, April 27, 2012

Upcoming Craft Fair!

Spring is in the air, which means it's time for craft fairs! My next one is going to be the Great Neck Street Fair in Great Neck, NY on Sunday, May 6 from 11-6. I'm booth No. 217 and we'll be assembled on Middle Neck Road, which is the main drag in Great Neck. So hopefully I will see some of you readers who are from the NYC/Long Island area. I'll be selling my items at a discount -- and my stuff is perfect for Mother's Day! I've done a few craft fairs already, but am feeling more pressure to do well at this one. For one thing, there's the situation with my job. As you know, I was laid off about a month ago and am now freelancing/selling jewelry/taking classes. That said, I'd like to do more than just break even this time at the fair. I want to come home with a nice, hefty profit! This street fair is supposed to get thousands of people, so it'll be nice way to kick things off. It's about more than the money for me, though. I've been working my butt off on my jewelry this year. I've been creating new designs, experimenting with different techniques and just trying to make higher quality, prettier jewelry pieces. I hope that people recognize this and my efforts pay off -- literally and figuratively. I've had to learn about being a businesswoman and I'm anxious to put my gathered knowledge to the test. I plan to be more assertive -- not annoying or pushy -- but just more "out there" so that people know who I am. And I'm going to make sure that my booth is not next to my nemesis'. Yes, I do have a craft fair rival, and no, she doesn't sell jewelry. She actually sells kitchen products. But she is so annoyingly aggressive and will lure people away from your booth into hers ... while you're talking to the customers. Ugh! This happened to me at two shows and I'm not letting her steal potential buyers from me again. Other than that, I've enjoyed doing fairs, though they're a lot of work. So if you have a craft fair in your neighborhood, please go and support your local artists. And if you're in the NYC area, come to the Great Neck Street Fair!
To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment