Monday, April 16, 2012

Silver wire wrapped abstract copper pendant with turquoise beads

I just finished this new design, which I listed on Etsy.

Right now, I'm working on a copper pendant for my metalsmithing class so I had all of this hammered copper left over. I spent a long time hammering out that pattern so I didn't want the metal to go to waste.

I wasn't sure what shape to carve so I let my saw do the talking and came up with this rounded "natural" shape. It's not really supposed to be anything in particular; one friend says that it looks like a guitar. My husband says that it looks like an amoeba. Another friend thinks it looks like a peanut! Really, it's up to you and your imagination.

I felt that this copper pendant needed some dressing up so I wire wrapped it with sterling silver wire. I then attached some turquoise beads using 28 gauge wire. It took me several tries to get the beads to attach properly, but the end result looks really cool -- kind of tribal, don't you think?

I still have some of that hammered copper so expect to see some other designs made from that material.


To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment