Saturday, April 21, 2012

Colorful abstract geometric anodized aluminum braceled with adjustable chain

I'm really proud of this rainbow colored bracelet, which took me about a million years to complete. I knew that I had to take advantage of these colorful pieces of anodized aluminum so I came up with a way to incorporate all of the colors that I currently own.

This bracelet required a lot of labor, but it ws fun to make. First, I cut out the squares, then I cut the tiny shapes, then I drilled and filed each piece and then I attached everything using very thin 28 gauge wire. I made the jumprings and chain, too, using 18 gauge silver plated nickel wire.

I'm always trying new things so I decided to experiment with an adjustable chain. It works like a watch, where you hook the clasp into a chain link so tht it fits your wrist. My customers have so many different wrist sizes, I figured that this is a good way to handle that; plus, I like the way the chain looks with the metal squares.

I was nervous the whole time I was making this because I loved the image in my head and so wanted this to match my vision. Happily it does; it reminds me a bit of Kandinsky with all of the shapes and colors.

I pln to do a whole series of these funky anodized pieces, so keep an eye out for them.




To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment