Saturday, September 13, 2014

Silver wire wrapped star earrings with Swarovski crystals


One of the new items I've made are these cute, silver wire wrapped star earrings with Swarovski crystals and squiggles. I wanted to make something that's pretty and playful, and this is what I came up with:

So far, I've made these three sets ... though when I saw a larger version of the blue stars, I realized that the crystals are different colors! One earring is dark blue and light blue and the other is blue and purple. Oops! Right now, I'm listing them as a choice where people can order one set of colors or the other... but I plan to make another pair with correct color combos.

My favorites so far are the hot pink stars. I wore these last week to a friend's birthday party and they got a lot of attention! One friend couldn't understand how I could bend the wire into such precise shapes; it isn't hard with some practice. The earrings are a bit longer than what I usually wear, but they're extremely lightweight.

I'm not sure if I'm going to list these on my kids' line. I think they might be too long for younger jewelry wearers. But they're a lot of fun to make and I'm going to experiment with some more crystal patterns.

Check out my jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment