Friday, June 21, 2013

Shades of blue silver wire wrapped bangle bracelet with square crystals


It's no secret that I adore the color blue. It reminds me of so many pleasant and relaxing things: looking up at the sky on a clear day, swimming in the ocean, staring out into the Mediterranean when we visited Greece. I could go on and on, but the point it, I love blue hues. To honor my infatuation, I made this silver wire wrapped bangle bracelet using 8mm square crystals in dark blue, turquoise and aqua:

I've made a lot of these bracelets, mainly because they sell very well at craft fairs. They're simple, but elegant, and because they're made of wire are lightweight and comfortable to wear. I haven't sold too many online, but they always catch people's attention when I sell them in person.

At the last fair I did, I'd made a few bracelets that were too small. People would go to try them on and would be disappointed when they turned out to be child sized. This comes from me designing stuff for MayaGirl Creations! But this one measured out perfectly, at about 7 1/2 inches. It fits tightly on my wrist -- and I have a wide wrist -- which means it'll fit an average-sized adult woman.

I've made some other blue items, but this is one of my favorites. I hope that it finds a nice "home" with the right wearer! Meantime, check out my jewelry at MayaGirl Creations and Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment