Saturday, February 11, 2012

Earrings Silver Chandelier Filigree With Purple Swarovski Crystal Hearts And Sterling Silver Saucer Beads

I finally learned the proper name for that curly-cue lattice pattern I like to use so much: filigree. Apparently, filigree designs were popular in ancient Indian art; you also see a lot of it in old Irish designs.

Once again I crafted filigree earrings (I like saying the word now that I know it) and made a variant on my chandelier heart earrings. This time, I used very sparkly purple AB Swarovski crystal hearts and hung them from longer hooks so they really dangle. I also added little silver saucer beads for an extra bit of elegance.

I'll admit that I make a lot of these filigree designs because it's fun to sit there and make loop after loop; it's very relaxing. But I also like the idea of having a series. Every artist has one special type of design, right? Maybe this is mine.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment