Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wire Wrapped Pendant -- Black Lava Stone With Pink Crystals And Silver Wire

This is another one of my wire wrapped lava stone necklaces. As I've said, I've love working with lava because it's like a "blank slate" that I can adorn. It's also smooth and easy to wrap.

I always try to do something different with each wrap, so for this I chose some small, round pink crystals. I like the way the pink looks with the silver and black -- very classic and elegant.

I finished it off with a leather cord. To be honest, I hadn't considered leather util a customer requested it in place of silk. But I think it suits the lava in terms of mixing textures.

I'm thinking of making some other lava pendants with mixed metal or color wire. It's fun to take one concept and then experiment with it.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment