Monday, February 14, 2011

Silver wire bracelet with turquoise beads

Okay, so I'm finally going to talk about the piece that's featured in the huge photo on my blog's home page. That's my very cool pentagon bracelet.

When I was teaching myself how to make spirals, squares and triangles, I wanted to see if I could try a more complicated shape. I successfully made a pentagon and just thought that it looks cool, kind of like a rose. That said, I decided to make an entire bracelet featuring them. I like the way that silver and blue look together, so I added the turquoise beads as an accent.

I used 20 gauge wire for this, but my next challenge is to see what kind of shapes I can make with a tougher gauge. That's what I love about making jewelry; there's always something new to experiment with!

To buy my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or Naomi's Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment