Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gold and emerald green wire bracelet

I love the way that gold and green look together, so when I got these square, green glass stone, I knew that I had to combine them with gold-colored wire.

My original plan was to do a square bracelet with the stones in the center, but I didn't like how that looked. Instead, I decided to go with an abstract design centered around the green beads. Because the beads are so sturdy, I went with a tougher 16-gauge wire. I often work with 20 gauge, but the 16-gauge is thicker and better matches the stones.

When choosing a pattern for the wire, I went with the squiggles because I liked how they looked against the squares. The beads are so perfect in their shape and I liked playing against that with the not-so-perfect wire design. My friend says that it looks like a snake, but to me, the wire looks more like cresting waves. With the green stones, it gives the bracelet a very "natural" effect.

For more of my work, check out Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment