Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Handmade wire wrapped jewelry: wire wrapped triple daisy dangle earrings in blue and silver


I recently received a fun request from a customer: she found me on my kids' jewelery page, MayaGirl Creations and asked if I could make an adult-sized version of my double daisy dangle earrings. These earrings had large blue wire wrapped daisies hanging from smaller silver daisies. I made them based on the fact that my single daisy earrings had become so popular. So I was now going from one flower to three.

I gave her a choice of a silver-blue-silver combo or blue-silver-blue and she went for the latter. She also asked that the highest daisy be the smallest and the bottom flower, the largest -- and that all three fit into a 2 1/2 inch frame.

I've literally made thousands of these wire wrapped flowers -- seriously, I've had dreams of them -- but it took a couple of tries to get them to meet her requests. The small daisy kept coming out too big... which meant I had to make the other two even larger and then the earrings were too long. I finally solved my problem by adding only six petals on the smallest, while the other two have eight each.

I'm always tweaking my designs, but customers often beat me to the punch and come up with a good idea for my shop! These triple daisies make a great addition, especially for spring.

Check out the rest of my handmade wire wrapped, glass and enamel jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment