Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Silver wire wrapped lapis lazuli necklace with pearls


My wire wrapped necklaces are some of my most-noticed and commented upon items at craft fairs. I've also sold a bunch on Etsy. So for 2013, it only make sense for me to design more of these beautiful pendants.

The most recent pendant that I made has a deep blue lapis lazuli base and a silver wire wrap design. I then adorned the design with several beige Swarovski crystal pearls. I love lapis because it's such a cool blue color and the round shape makes it look like a planet -- especially when I lay the wire wrap on top of it. I also like the contrast between the blue, the light-colored pearls and the shiny silver. These are colors that go well together; the idea of the wrap is to add some texture and intrigue.

For most of my wire wrapped items, I add two or three pearls, but this pendant has four. That may not sound like a big difference, but each pearl or crystal added means that I have to figure out where to place it in the wire wrap design. I don't want to obsure the silver pattern or the stone itself, so I do put thought into how my wrap is arranged.

I really like how this one turned out and as always, it was fun to make! Ultimately, that's what is really important -- that I enjoy my job.

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment