Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wire wrapped jewelry: daisy flower earrings


Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I expected business to slow down after Christmas and Chanukah, but I'm still getting orders. I guess people are now enjoying gift certificates and are buying for themselves. Nothing wrong with that -- I love to shop!

What's been really nice this holiday season is that my kids' shop, MayaGirl Creations, has picked up. Honestly, I don't advertise it as much as I do my main store -- I have only so many hours in the day -- but sales have been picking up on their own. While the infinity rings rule Naomi's Designs, my most popular girls' item seems to be my wire wrapped daisy flower earrings:

I think that girls like these because they're simple, but colorful and sweet. I loved floral jewelry when I was young; in fact, I still like it. And these daisy earrings are youthful, but not childish looking.

So far, I've sold these in every color that I offer. The red ones are brand new; I haven't even listed them yet on Etsy, so you're getting first view!

I enjoy making complicated jewellery pieces and am always trying to challenge myself. But I'm discovering that it can be just as rewarding to make simpler designs when you know that the person who's wearing your work is happy.

To purchase my wire wrapped jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations. To purchase my novel, check out REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment