Thursday, December 20, 2012

Beautiful silver wire wrapped bangle bracelets


Whew, this holiday season has been crazy for my jewelry stores -- but that's a good thing! I've been going to the post office almost every day with orders; by now, the clerks even know me by name.

Now that Christmas is almost here, things have been calming down, but the recent surge in business has put me in a jewelry making mood. For the past couple of days, I've been working on some new silver wire wrapped bangle bracelets:

The top bracelet is made with a rose pink marble oval. I like the rich color and the way that it goes so perfectly with the silver. I wanted to make the stone the centerpiece of the bracelet so I "framed" it with silver wire spirals. For this bracelet, I first made the bangle portion and then attached the stone; after, I cut the other end so that I could make the clasps. I think that next time, I'll make two separate sides and then attach the stone; I just think that each end of the bracelet will be a little stronger.

The red and white spiral "bubble" bracelet was a lot of fun to make! After designing the silver wire wrapped bangle, I made all of the little spirals and then attached them in a funky design. I just got that red wire and love how it looks. I think I was inspired to use red and white since it's still the holiday season, but it works for Valentine's Day, too. I plan to make more of these with other colors.

I'm working on more stuff for my 2013 collection, so keep checking in!

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations. To purchase my novel, check out REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment