Monday, June 4, 2012

Colorful Wire Wrapped Spiral Bracelet

Yesterday, I made this colorful wire wrapped spiral bracelet. I wanted to do something that used all of my colored wire and this turned out to be a fun project.

I realize that it looks like a lot of my other spiral jewelry, but the silver links are made with 16 gauge fine silver dead soft wire. I'd never worked with this gauge before and wasn't sure what to expect. It was a little tough and it took some force to twist it into the spiral, but it wasn't bad. And I like how tough it feels. I've worked with 14 gauge hard wire many times and that's so tough that it's more like dealing with a piece of soft metal than wire. But I was able to bend this 16 gauge stuff into shapes pretty easily, and it felt very strong.

It's funny thinking back to when I first started working with 20 gauge wire and I thought that that was hard to bend! I guess I've gotten stronger? I mean, you get stronger when you lift heavier weights; is it also possible to give your fingers a workout with different gauge wires?

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment