Monday, June 18, 2012

Funky Wire Wrapped Bangle Bracelets

Lately I've sold a lot of my bangle bracelets. I've sold a few online and a bunch at the craft fairs. It's funny because I've had these bangle bracelets out for a while and they're just starting to catch steam. That seems to be the way things work when you make jewelry or some kind of craft -- things happen in waves.

Here's a peek at some of my wire wrapped bangles:

Making a wire wrapped bangle bracelet is challenging because usually when you work with wire, the object you make -- like a pair of earrings -- is flat. However, bangle bracelets are chunky and have depth to them, so your piece of jewelry needs to be more three dimensional. This means stacking several strands of wire together to make a very thick piece. It involves a lot of measuring and staightening. You then have to actually wrap the wire bundles around the bracelet to hold to strands together -- and that can take some trial and error.

Creating a bangle can take a little work, but they look really cool, especially when you stack them. I love how a single strand of wire can form a substantial bracelet.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment