Monday, October 10, 2011

Silver Bridal Teardrop Necklace With Swarovski Crystals

I love weddings and have been fortunate enough to have had several this year. It's funny because I'm 37 and most of our friends are married so I wasn't expecting to have so many at once. But it seems like all of our remaining single friends decided to wed at the same time. I'm all for parties and happy occasions so I've had fun celebrating with them.

A big part of weddings, of course, is the bride's jewelry. Attending so many nuptials inspired me to create a wedding series, which I based somewhat on my friends' gowns. The trick with wedding jewelry is that you want it to be gorgeous, but it shouldn't overshadow the dress. It should enhance the gown and fit the style.

I designed this teardop necklace to be worn with either a strapless gown or one with a sweetheart neckline. It hangs above the cleavage line so it's the perfect fit for that type of dress. The design is very simple, but ends up creating a complex line that looks almost like waves or feathers on a peacock.

To make this necklace, I sculpted each teardrop, beginning with the crystal. First, I wire wrapped the Swarovski crystal, then shaped the silver into the teardrop. I added a pendant with three crystals in the center and finished off the chain with larger Swarovski crystals.

The look is classic and elegant -- but a little funky, too! Plus, it's affordable. Perfect for any bride who wants to look her best, but not blow a fortune on wedding bling.

To buy my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment