Saturday, July 2, 2016

Check out my NEW handmade glass jewelry shop on ArtFire!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend! As you can see from the title of this post, I've made a big decision: I've just opened an all-glass jewelry store on ArtFire! Please take a look at Glass By Naomi.

I really enjoy being on Etsy and am having a good run with that site, but I've been working to build more of an online presence. I've been updating this blog more often, created an Instagram page and have been more active on Pinterest and on my Facebook site. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but a friend who is tech-savvy -- and who runs a very successful wedding blog -- advised me to update my social media and to sell my jewelry on some additional sites. So I'm trying my hand at ArtFire. I'll still be selling my work on Etsy, but the glass will be on both pages. Since most of my pieces are one-of-a-kind, I'll have to remove items as soon as they're sold on a particular site. I can't imagine two people buying the exact same item at the exact same time on both sites. That wouldn't be the worst problem to have, to be that in-demand, but I doubt that'll happen!

I created an ArtFire store a few years ago and didn't have much success with it, but I didn't really take the time to list items and build my shop the way I have with Etsy. I also think I'll have better luck if I focus on one kind of jewelry: fused glass. This way, customers can see all of my dichroic pieces at once. Having "Glass" in my shop title should also help.

I only have a couple of items listed at the moment, but will continue to add some every day. So be sure to pop in to Glass By Naomi! And, of course, you can still see my wire wrapped and enamel jewelry at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment