Monday, November 24, 2014

Handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewelry: LIVE From The Craft Fair!


Greetings, readers! Sorry I've been absent from the blog for so long, but I've been working round the clock on new pieces. I was accepted to the Y's craft fair after all and needed to get ready for the event.

Because spots sold out within a few hours, I was put on the third floor near the jewelry studios. It's not the best spot -- of course, I'd prefer to be in the main lobby with everyone else -- but it's better than nothing. I'm with a few other artists and have enjoyed their company.

We've been working this fair since Saturday night. Traffic was decent yesterday and we all managed to sell at least one item each -- which is great for us and the Y since we're all donating a portion of our proceeds to the art department. It's been pretty dead today, but it's given me a chance to work on some new items and finish up some Etsy orders.

So far I haven't sold any of my ornaments, which is disappointing. On the other hand, they've received many compliments from other artists so my work is being admired. I did sell a few wire pieces, but none of my enamel items -- which is ironic since I do my enameling at the school. UPDATE -- I *just* sold a calico cat ornament to a fellow feline lover. Woo hoo!

What's really exciting is that I've signed up for a great volunteer opportunity: I'm participating in a program called Beads Of Love, where jewelry artists help kids make handmade holiday gifts for their loved ones. I'm looking forward to working with the children.

For now, I'm going to return to the fair. I'm hoping that more people will show up this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Meantime, check out my handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment