Thursday, December 12, 2013

Silver wire wrapped lava stone necklace with Swarovski crystal hearts


Most of the people who purchase my jewelry pieces live in different states or even another country. Because of that, I don't often get to actually see anyone wearing my jewelry -- other the friends to whom I've given pieces as gifts. But my friend Isabel has shared this selfie where she's wearing my silver wire wrapped lava stone necklace with Swarovski crystal hearts:

Here's a close-up of the necklace:

One of the advantages of being my friend (or disadvantage in some cases, I suppose) is that you'll eventually be given some of my handmade jewelry. I've made a bunch of pieces for my mom and designed a keychain for my dad. All of my female friends have been given various necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. I NEVER pressure my friends to purchase my work, but I have had a couple of friends buy from me. Still, I enjoy giving my work away to my loved ones. What better way to show that you care than to give a gift that was made with that person in mind?

I knew that Isabel would appreciate this necklace because she's an artist herself. She sings, plays several instruments, including piano, guitar and flute, paints and writes poetry. A few years ago, I played flute on her CD Isabel And The Whispers and she played guitar on my CD Flute Path. I don't think she's ever made jewelry, but she still understands the work that went into making this pendant.

Anyway, she makes a great model, don't you think? Seeing her with my piece has made me realize that I need to have more friends model my jewelry for me. This way, everyone can see how my pieces look "in motion" and on an actual person. I have plenty of jewelry projects in store for the new year, but I'll add this to my list!

To check out my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment