Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small copper enameled earrings in pink and black/blue and black


After putting in all of that work on my Fire And Ice bib necklace, I wanted to do something fun and easier in my enameling class. I ended up making two pairs of two-toned earrings: one pair in rose pink and black and the other in aqua blue and black:

I made these simply by sifting the colors onto the copper disk. First, I applied a white base coat so the colors would be bright and clear, and then added the pink, black and blue. I really like the contrast between the black and the lighter colors. I also like how the colors kind of blend.

Next on my agenda in my enameling class is to make a cloisonne hamsa pendant. That's going to be a lot of work. Meantime, I enjoyed making something a little more simple that's still beautiful.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment