Monday, March 11, 2013

Mixed metal anodized aluminum earrings in gold, silver and bronze


I haven't made anodized aluminum jewelry in a while, so I decided to take a break from making wire wrapped or enamel pieces. I came across some sheets of gold, bronze and silver metal which I hadn't yet used so, of course, I just had to make something with them. I ended up creating these funky geometric chandelier earrings featuring gold, silver and bronze diamonds of anodized aluminum:

The last time I created anodized aluminum jewelry, I used a jeweler's saw to cut through the metal. AA is pretty thin and light, but it's still metal so it took a while to cut. This time, I used my Joyce Chen scissors and it took only a few minutes to cut my shapes.

These earrings were still pretty time-consuming to make, though, because I had to cut so many diamonds and make sure they were all even in size. I then filed all of the ends so they wouldn't be sharp. Nothing like wearing earrings only to have them poke you in your head!

I really like this pattern so next time I'm going to try a blue, silver and black combo. I think that those colors will work well together. Meantime, check out my other jewelry at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations. Also check out my novel REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment