Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wire wrapped amethyst jewelry for February birthdays


It's my birthday today, so it's my party and I'll blog if I want to! There are some downsides to having a February birthday: it's usually cold and it gets dark pretty early. But a huge positive is that I get to have what, in my opinion, is the prettiest birthstone: the purple amethyst.

I love, love, love amethyst jewelry. One of the best gifts that my husband gave me was a pair of amethyst heart earrings. The deep purple color is so pretty, but the stone also has the personal meaning for me.

I know many people who wear amethyst jewelry simply because they like the color and not necessarily because they were born in February. But most of the people I know who share a February birthday with me take special pride in having this special stone for our month!

In honor of it being my birthday today, here are some of the handmade wire wrapped amethyst jewellery pieces that I've designed. Everything is available at Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

Wire wrapped triple heart amethyst earrings

Amethyst Swarovski crystal heart earrings

Wire wrapped chandelier earrings with purple Swarovski crystal hearts

Silver wire wrapped amethyst ring

Amethyst heart dangle earrings

Silver wire wrapped amethyst birthstone infinity ring

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying your blog for a couple of months now, but was prompted to send you a link to some refashioned jewelry earrings I recently made for my daughter as the design is similar to your first photo.

    I LOVE the idea of amethyst for Valentine's Day!

    http://catefneely.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/easy-refashioned-valentines-jewelry/

    ReplyDelete