Saturday, August 17, 2013

Silver wire wrapped Mommy and Grandma bracelets


A few weeks ago my friend had her first child, a baby boy. I'd already given her a gift for the baby shower, but wanted to bring something for the baby's bris. I figured that she'd already received tons of baby clothes and supplies, so I figured I'd make something just for the mom. Too often, new moms are kind of overlooked as attention is lavished on the baby -- and I wanted to remind her that she's important, too.

I ended up making this silver wire wrapped bracelet that spells out "Mommy." I then made a matching one for her mother that says "Grandma." Both celebrate the fact that there is a new baby in the family, but they're gifts meant for the adults. I added a blue Swarovski crystal heart in honor of the baby being a boy.

To be honest, I'm not sure if my friend and her mom liked my gifts. They thanked me when I handed them over, but didn't really look at what I'd given them. Understandably, both were so distracted at the time and my friend was still very sore from her C-section. I hope that at life begins to calm down (somewhat) that they'll appreciate my gift, as well as their new roles in life.

To purchase these wire wrapped bracelets or my other jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment