Saturday, March 17, 2012

Silver wire wrapped ring with infinity symbol and spiral

If you've taken a look at my Etsy shop, you'd see that until now I haven't had rings for sale. I found them difficult to make and size and thought that earrings, necklaces and bracelets were more interesting. Lately, though, I've been on a ring kick.

After making my silver ring in metalsmithing class, I'm feeling more confident about the process. Granted, my new rings are made out of 18 gauge silver plated copper wire and are not carved and soldered; they're twisted, but I'm feeling more confident about designing and shaping them.

I love the idea of an infinity ring because the idea of a ring being a circle shape represents something never ending. That's why you have wedding rings and promise rings, etc. So I liked combining that concept with the round spiral and infinity symbol. All mean "forever" and I think this would be a great promise ring to give someone as a gift.

I also think it looks cool. I like the funky, abstract design and the geometric nature of the piece.

I'm still experimenting with more wire wrapped ring designs, so stay tuned!

To purchase my wire wrapped rings or other jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment