Sunday, March 18, 2012

More Wire Wrapped Ring Designs

Here are some more of my wire wrapped ring designs. I basically use the same design as a base; I make a coil ring by wrapping the wire around in a circular motion. The shapes are created at the beginning and end of the process, i.e. I first make the spiral, do the wrap, finish the bottom portion of the ring. I then add the stones. Surprisingly, it's the last part -- the adding of the stones or crystals -- that takes the longest because I'm dealing with 28 gauge wire, which is very fine.

My friends say that a lot of my work looks Middle Eastern, That's definitely an influence, but I think I'm inspired by designs from around the world. I'm traveling to Nigeria soon so it'll be interesting to see what kinds of ideas I get from there.

Anyway, my rings are below. To purchase them or other jewelry from my shop, head to Naomi's Designs.






No comments:

Post a Comment