Thursday, September 18, 2014

Silver Wire Wrapped Bangle Bracelet With Blue, Turquoise And Purple Crystals


I wasn't kidding about being on a wire wrapped bracelet kick! This morning I made another one, only this has tri-colored crystals in blue, turquoise and purple:

What I like about these diamond-shaped crystals is that a really interesting looking "frame" is formed around them when I bend the wire to make the bracelet. The crystals are the main focus, but the wire has a unique design, as well. I also like this combination of the blues with the purple. I used only one turquoise crystal and put that one in center because I felt as if that color is the brightest; I wanted to have that pop of light, but also keep the other colored beads balanced.

As I make more of these bracelets, I'm getting better at doing the clasps. Frankly, my older bracelets were a mess. The ends of the wires poked out all over the place and the clasps weren't as secure as they should be. I feel much more confident in my designs and my bangles' durability -- but I do spend a lot of time practicing!

Check out the rest of my handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewelry at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment