Friday, September 12, 2014

Bronze wire wrapped bangle bracelet with garnet red and black crystals

As I've said before on this blog, I often get great ideas for jewelry from customers. Many request custom-made items and have a very specific vision in mind. I try to accommodate them as best as I can.

This week I received a request from a loyal customer who's purchased several bracelets from me. She wants to give a bracelet to a friend who is a fan of University Of South Carolina football, where the Gamecocks' team colors are garnet and black. She asked if I could design a garnet and black bracelet with a gold-colored band. I came up with this:

I don't know if the crystals are garnet, exactly, but they are a shade of deep, rich red. What's interesting is that I couldn't find red and black beads that were the exact same size and shape, so I ended up going with two different, but similar crystals: diamond-shaped black beads and barrel-shaped reds. The wire is 20 gauge bronze, but has that golden color.

I think she has a great sense of style because these colors work well together! The combination looks very regal; perfect for fall. I don't use a lot of reds and blacks; I tend to go for "cooler" colors, like blues, greens and purples, but perhaps I should add more red and black pieces to my repertoire. I also never would've thought to make jewelry based on sports team colors (full disclosure: I don't watch sports AT ALL unless you count ice skating), but this bracelet is appropriate for anyone -- not just fans of SC.

There's that old saying about how the customer is always right. I really don't think it's true, but my customer was right on in this case!

Check out the rest of my wire wrapped jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations. And check out my novel, REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD, at Amazon.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment