Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Classic Silver Wire Wrapped Bangle Bracelet With Blue And Turquoise Square Crystals


Lately I've been selling a lot of bangle bracelets... and so I've decided to make a few more.

I'd started this wire wrapped bracelet for a customer -- and then realized that she wanted a similar-looking, but not quite the same bangle. I then looked through my bracelet listings and realized I've never actually made one that has blue and turquoise beads. Surprising, given how much I love the combination! I've done several bracelets in blue, light blue and indigo or blue and green, but for some reason, I'd skipped this rather obvious color pattern.

Well, since I was already halfway through with the bracelet, I finished it and really like the result:

It's difficult to tell from these photos, but the darker blue beads are AB (aurora borealis) crystals. Two sides of the crystal are made of a shimmery prism material that sparkles when the light hits. It's a really beautiful effect. I have AB crystals in many different colors, but I especially like them in blue. It reminds me of the sunlight hitting the ocean.

This was a bracelet that sold almost as soon as I listed it yesterday. I love when that happens! Since I seem to be on a "bracelet kick," I'm off to make some more. Meantime, check out my handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewelry at Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment