Friday, September 26, 2014

Copper wire wrapped bangle bracelet with green AB crystals


I liked my copper wire wrapped bracelet with gold beads so much, I made a couple more bangles using copper. One didn't turn out so well. I made it using flat, coin-shaped lapis lazuli beads and while the blue and copper looked pretty, these particular beads just didn't work well for this style bracelet. They're large and flat and don't stay in place... which means that they keep falling onto their sides and leaving a large, unattractive gap in the design. I've used other coin-shaped crystals, but they were thicker and smaller and just looked better. Live and learn!

On the other hand, I'm really pleased with these square green aurora borealis (AB) crystals:

Green and copper just go so well together. These crystals are also unique because the AB prism has a purple tint. That probably sounds like a clashing combo, but the squares are beautiful when the light hits. Real auroras have shades of greens and purples, so it's a natural mix! I have yet to see a real aurora, so this is as close as I'm going to get for now, LOL.

I found yet another unfinished enamel project so I'm working on that. It'll take me a while, but I'll post photos when I've completed it. Be sure to check out the rest of my handmade wire wrapped and enamel jewelry at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment