Thursday, September 25, 2014

Copper wire wrapped bangle bracelet with gold yellow crystals


First up, a little bit a good news: I went ahead and signed up for a beginner painting class! This one features painting with acrylics and is a mini-class (only six sessions) which begins in November. I figure it'll be a good way to try it out. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have plenty of time to work on my jewelry until then, though. I've been trying to make a few different pieces each week. People often ask how long it takes me to make something and it really depends. Some of the more complex necklaces can take a couple of weeks to complete, especially if the pendant is enamel. A bracelet, on the other hand, generally takes me only an hour or two.

Earlier this week I made this copper wire wrapped bracelet with gold yellow crystals:

I usually use silver wire for my bracelets, but the copper is warm and rich-looking. I'll have to use it more often! I also like the way the copper with the golden beads. I wasn't so sure about using yellow crystals because I thought they might blend together a little too well with the copper, but I think the color combo works.

Though I've been making these bangle bracelets for a long time, I've been trying to improve the clasp. Whenever I take out my older bracelets, I cringe because the clasps are so flimsy. I now double wrap the ends so the clasps are firmly in place and don't pop out when you wear the bracelet. I want to give my customers the highest quality products I can, and so I'm always refining my techniques.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've also been working on my photography. I am NOT a good photographer. I don't pretend to be. But taking pictures is part of my business. I've been trying to take photos with better backgrounds, lighting, etc. -- and I think I'm seeing some results. I've gotten some good tips from my dad who actually is a really talented photographer. Perhaps I should take a photography class in the future?

Meantime, please check out my handmade jewelry at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment