Saturday, September 13, 2014

Black diamond enamel pendant with abstract triangle design


Going through my bags of jewelry supplies can sometimes be like digging for buried treasure. I try to keep my stuff organized, but I have so many beads, spools of wire, etc. that things often get lost in the shuffle -- such as this enamel pendant that I found at the bottom of the bag where I keep my supplies for class.

I made this black diamond pendant last spring. I'd been working on a major project all semester (which has yet to be completed) and needed a break. And so I came up with this little abstract piece. The large necklace I'd been designing is turquoise and blue, and I was sick of looking at those colored enamels. This is why this pendant is black, red and yellow. I wanted to work with a completely different color scheme!

I didn't have any fine silver cloisonne wire on hand, so I improvised and used fine silver bezel wire instead. Bezel wire is similar, but is thicker so it can support a stone. I simply cut the wire in half down the center and it worked just as well.

Only two and a half more weeks until class! I'm eager to return and start some new projects, so keep checking back in. Meantime, you can see the rest of my wire wrapped and enamel jewellery at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment