Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wire wrapped jewelry designs: wire wrapped ankle bracelets


I've gotten several requests for ankle bracelets at craft fairs, but I'd yet to make them. I've never actually owned or even worn an anklet and wasn't sure how long they should be, what styles work best for that type of jewelry, etc.

However, I recently received a very specific custom order for an ankle bracelet where the customer asked me to turn two of my wire wrapped designs into anklets. She gave me her measurements ... and voila! I made two wire wrapped ankle bracelets (and yes, that's my ugly foot in the pictures):

I've never thought that ankle bracelets would be comfortable, but they really didn't feel uncomfortable when I tried them on. They didn't rub against my leg or feel too tight against my ankle. I guess they're a lot like wearing bracelets ... only they're not quite as visible. I don't know about you, but I usually don't look at people's feet unless they're wearing an eye-catching pair of shoes. I guess anklets are meant to be more intimate? My friend Lani adores them and hardly ever takes hers off; I'm sure she has more ideas about this thought.

I have a craft fair coming up this weekend and think I might make a couple more pairs of anklets. It can't hurt to have some more since they seem to be so popular. Maybe I'll get into wearing them, too...

To purchase my jewellery, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment