Saturday, November 19, 2011

Silver Abstract Earrings With Purple Stones

Often, when I'm making jewelry my pieces kind of "make themselves." Sometimes I have a very clear idea in mind for a piece, but other times, I'll just kind of bend the wire and the design will surprise me. This is the case with these silver earrings.

I had some leftover silver wire -- not enough to make a necklace or bracelet and I didn't want to waste it. So I began playing around with it and ended up with this weird, envelope-looking shape. When I showed it to my friend who was visiting, she liked it and suggested that I add a stone. She chose purple, her favorite.

The biggest challenge in this was getting the second earring to match the first. It's one thing to randomly bend wire and come up with something cool. But it becomes more challenging when you have to copy that randomness and make it look even! It took a few tries, but I finally got it and these earrings were born.

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment