Sunday, January 12, 2014

Wire wrapped copper bubble bangle bracelet with copper and bronze spirals


My new shipment of 18 gauge copper wire arrived this weekend -- and I finally made a wire wrapped bubble bangle bracelet using a copper base instead of silver.

I usually favor silver jewelry, but I really like this bracelet in copper. The warm copper tones work so well with the bronze and the design looks a bit art deco to me.

I've made several bubble bracelets at this point, but I think that this and my blue, aqua and silver bracelets are my favorites. Next up, I want to try making one that has a silver base and then rainbow-colored spirals.

In other news, I've been trying to wear my jewelry more often. I really don't wear a lot of jewelry -- I prefer to make it for other people -- but I do like to "test drive" new pieces. We attended a wedding today so I wore one of my bubble bracelets, as well as an abstract necklace and earrings that I'd made. And a few guests noticed my accessories and asked for my shop names! I met one woman who makes pieces from polymer clay. I haven't yet worked with that, but her colorful and creative jewelry makes me tempted to try it out.

What's funny is that several of the guests were like, "You should sell on this site called Etsy..." Is Etsy still a secret for most people? If it is, I guess it's good that the word is getting out.

Meantime, check out my jewellery shops Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment