Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mixed Metal Wire Wrapped Bubble Bracelet In Silver, Copper And Bronze


I was really pleased with how my wire wrapped silver and copper bubble bangle bracelet turned out, so I made a tri-colored version of it using silver, copper and bronze:

The challenge in making this mixed metal bracelet was to balance the three different colored wires. I didn't want it to have too much of one color -- which was a bit difficult since the bracelet's base is silver. But I played around with the placement and shapes of the spiral "bubbles" and like how it turned out.

I love the way that silver, copper and bronze look together and am already thinking of other variations: I'd like to make a copper and bronze bracelet with a copper base or one with a bronze base and silver bubbles. Or I'd even like to try brighter colors, like silver and blue wire.

This bracelet has already gotten a lot of views and a few sales; I think it stands out because it's fun and funky -- but is still a pretty simple design. Moreover, I have a great time making them, so look for more to come!

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment