Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Silver wire wrapped square earrings with black and clear Swarovski crystals


It looks like I'm going to be missing yet another enameling class because of snow. We're expecting about 10 inches here -- nothing to sneeze at. I'm frustrated because it's been more than a month since I've done any enameling and I have so many ideas for pieces.

The good news is that I've had plenty of time to spend making wire wrapped jewelry, especially since I've been working with that client and her requests. The latest wire wrapped earrings that I made for her are these silver squares with black and clear Swarovski crystals.

I originally made these with large purple beads on top, but she asked me to use something smaller so I went with these crystal bicones. It's a very simple design, but sometimes less really is more.

Meanwhile, I think that the jewellery making is getting to me! The other day, my husband and I went to see the movie HER. It's a really good film -- kind of creepy and a little weird -- but very engaging. Anyway, there was one scene where Olivia Wilde's character was wearing these huge, silver, triangle spiral earrings. They were really eye-catching! Instead of paying attention to the characters, I was busy examining those earrings, trying to figure out what they were made of and how I could replicate them. I think I need help, LOL.

I have plenty of other wire wrapped jewelry in my shops, though. Check it out at Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I tried using a thinga ma jig and it did not come out the way I wanted. I'm new and I would like to learn more about wire wrapping. I have a large family with many females I would love to make jewelry for. #hobby

    Did you do these free hand? I'll try that next. Thanks for sharing. Angel from The Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel,

      Yes, I do all of my pieces freehand, though you can use a wire jig to do the designs, too. There are many books on wire wrapping on Amazon, as well as tutorials online. I'm mostly self-taught, though I do take classes in enameling. Good luck to you!

      Delete