Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Silver wire wrapped peacock bracelet with silver, blue and aqua spirals


If you've been reading this blog for a while, it's become pretty obvious that one of my favorite colors to use for my work at Naomi's Designs and MayaGirl Creations is blue. Hell, a recent post was a photo gallery devoted to blue jewelry pieces in honor of the cold weather. But the real reason why I like blue so much is not because I'm a fan of the cold (though I do like the winter) but because blue reminds me of the sky and ocean -- two things that I find to be very relaxing.

Today I made a blue version of my silver wire wrapped bubble bracelet. I've nicknamed it a "peacock" bracelet, though, because the spirals of silver, blue and aqua remind me a bit of peacock's patterns:

When I began the bracelet my plan was to use silver and aqua wire, but I saw the darker blue wire sitting there and well, I just couldn't resist incorporating it into the design. I like the tri-colored look, though; I think that the different blues work well together and really bring out the silver base.

Now that I've made a few of these with a silver base, I'm excited to try some other colors like copper with bronze. Or maybe I'll just do something out there like make a rainbow bracelet. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment