Friday, January 24, 2014

Funky silver wire wrapped triangle earrings with Swarovski crystals


One of the first things I ever made for my Etsy shop, Naomi's Designs, was this pair of silver wire triangle earrings. I was still experimenting with wire and learning how to make wire wrapped jewelry, and was playing around with shapes. I was very pleased when I successfully made these funky spiral triangles:

As I mentioned in my last post, my "classic" items are suddenly selling. I've been trying to update a few, taking the old designs and adding a new twist -- usually beads or pearls or crystals -- to brighten them up. I did that with the triangles, adding Swarovski crystals in blue, green and yellow.

I initially made these as a surprise for a repeat customer. To this date, she still hasn't received them so I don't know what she'll think of them, but she likes crystals and unusual color combinations. I hope that she likes them because I do! The colors actually remind me of my childhood bedroom, which was blue, green, yellow and white.

I think that the zig zags and crystals turn this simple shape into a fun design. I especially like how the triangles sway when you wear them and capture the light. The earrings are longish, but jewelry should be worn to get noticed, right?

To purchase these or my other wire wrapped jewellery designs, head to Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment