Thursday, January 16, 2014

Photo Gallery: Wire wrapped lava stone pendants


When I began making jewelry in 2010, one of the first things I made were some silver wire wrapped lava stone necklaces. I made them for my mom and some friends and these wire wrapped necklaces were pretty crude. For my friend's necklace, I basically wrapped the wire around the lava in no real pattern so that it just looked like a blob of silver with a couple of crystals stuck in for good measure. For my mom's, I couldn't figure out how to attach things like beads, so I glued them on. Both liked my gifts because they, well, were from me, but really, my pieces were not my best.

I've had a lot of practice making these and have (thankfully) gotten better over the years. Here are a few of my favorite wire wrapped lava necklaces. You can find them all, as well as my other types of jewellery at Naomi's Designs or MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment