Monday, July 9, 2012

More precious metal clay fine silver earrings

I finally got around to finishing the precious metal clay earrings that I'd made in my pmc class. Working with pmc is fun, but it requires a lot of filing and fine tuning to get the rough edges out of the finished product. But here are my three new pairs of pmc earrings:

When making the leaf earrings, I tried to make the leaves look as realistic as possible. Many people will cover actual leaves with a pmc slurry; the leaf then burns away when fired, leaving a leaf cast. However, I made these freehand and carved out the little veins myself.

The square earrings have a fun geometric pattern in them. That was me just playing around with shapes and textures, but I think they look a bit tribal.

I also textured the triangle earrings with what looks like a pattern of scales. Looking at them on this page, the earrings really look like little fins or dragon tails!

To purchase my jewelry, head to Naomi's Designs. To purchase my children's jewelry, head to MayaGirl Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment